Sunday 16 November 2008

My lab....

 I have no idea if my lab is truly and internationally competent research lab, but it is indeed an "international" lab: 

My 2 supervisors: 1 British and 1 Polland (They're a couple)

4 Postdocs: 1 British, 1 italian, 1 China, 1 Croatia (Another one's coming, he can either be a French, a Chinese or a Brazilian). 

6 PhD students: 2 British, 1 Polland, 1 Hungary, 1 Malaysian and 1 Mix (Holland + British, he can speaks Spain as well)

1 Research assistant: Portugal 

I still can recall vividly the first impression i had about the lab when I came for interview: Everyone was working seriously on their bench, and I barely observed any conversation between people in the lab. I could somehow foresee how my life gonna be in this lab, which was kinda depressing and discouraging. 

After two weeks working in the lab, my previous view on the lab was proved to be a misimpression. Everyone's in the lab is so helpful and friendly, and the lab is much more lively than I have ever imagined. There's always someone to teach and lead me patiently, treating me like an undergrad student rather a PhD student. ^^"

And not forgetting to mention my supervisors who are really nice and patient. You can see them sitting beside a student and explaining things, which doesn't fit at all with my impression of how a supervisor behaves. There was one day when my supervisor explained something to me quite briefly as she was in a hurry to leave. Who knows, on the next day, she approached me and said that she wanted to explain more thoroughly. Phiew... what a bless.... :-)

Hopefully all these are not illusion and everyone continues to be nice to me...hehe.... XD

No comments: